What is a Wedding Open Day?
The other week I was speaking to a prospective bride on the phone, after we went down the dark hole that is how much time we spend on Pinterest, I told her about our next Wedding Open Day on Sunday 8th October. I was shocked by her response as we are inundated with enquiries for our open days; she explained that she wouldn't be going to any Wedding Open Days or Wedding Fairs and she would much rather have private wedding show rounds. I replied to say of course we can arrange that but first I was very intrigued to know why she felt that way. She went on to reveal what could only be described as an awful experience at a Wedding Fair when her sister was looking for a wedding venue. Once she had finished listing all the horrid and ridiculous things that had happened at the Wedding Fair, I set about putting her straight on how 99.9% Wedding Fairs are like, especially our Wedding Open Day.
It got me thinking that this bride can't be the only one who has had bad experiences or just find the entire Wedding Fair situation daunting. When you really think about it, it can be quite scary, you are walking into a massive set up of people basically trying to sell to you and asking lots of questions that maybe you don't have the answer to yet. It can probably be quite overwhelming for the most confident and organised bride or groom.
As a wedding team, our job is to try and make the wedding process as painless and as enjoyable as possible. So I have listed what to expect and what not to expect from our Wedding Open Day...
What to expect?
- Our Georgian town house all dressed up for a wedding.
- Our Award Nominated team ready to welcome you, show you round & answer any questions.
- Canapés & Bubbly.
- Our beautiful Bridal Suite & other newly refurbished bedrooms open to view.
- A relaxed atmosphere.
- Excitement - there has been known to be the occasional squeal or tears.
- Not only the house dressed but lots of photographs of how it has been dressed in the past for ideas.
- Hopefully some sun so you can see our beautiful gardens. Unfortunately, this is not guaranteed!
- Our current Bride & Grooms that have already booked but just want to say hello and a nosey!
- Someone on Pinterest (well, it wouldn't be a party without Pinterest)
- A surprise or two...
What not to expect?
- A stuffy sales team ready to sell sell sell!
- Stalls and stalls of suppliers.
- Being forced to speak to anyone you don't want to.
Fingers crossed, I persuaded this lovely Bride to come to our Wedding Open Day and other Wedding Fairs. They are the best way to see perspective wedding venues how they would be on your special day. It is currently wedding fair season, so go and get out there!!